Thursday, November 12, 2009

WE PAY FOR THE WEEKEND.. EVENTUALLY


My new blog is going to mostly detail the life I lead as an exclusive male companion. My dates, romances, friendships, travels, feelings and thoughts are all fair game. Sometimes, I want to change it up a little and talk about the days leading up to my dates. How do I prepare, spend my free time, and get my mind right for a perfect weekend.

On the surface, being a male companion seems like a sweet gig. You get to wine and dine in hot establishments, visit great vacation spots, and not have to spend anything.. You are getting paid. You get to spend your evenings and weekends with some of the most beautiful and eligible women in the country. Most of them really have their act together, and I would say that single fact is why they've contracted you. They have such a busy lifestyle, there is no time to find a decent man.

The question is though, what could be so difficult about this job? When I say, we pay for the weekend eventually, I mean in the weight rooms, treadmills, running tracks, swimming pools, or boxing rings. Your choice of exercise is irrelevant, but it is indeed necessary. The way I look at it, these ladies are paying for a once in a blue moon experience, and for the price they are paying, you have to be bringing it.

Now, I'm not so shallow that I think male companions all have to be stud horses that look like they're chiseled in stone. It is the woman's preference. Some like the rock hard look, some like the athletic look, and some may even like the natural look. The one thing I haven't heard them fancying is the soft, 40 lbs overweight look. So, with that, brings pressure.

My weekly routine, in a nutshell, is as follows: I get up in the morning and run 5 miles or swim, usually run 3 days and swim 2. I do weights for my upper body 2 days and lower 2 days. I try not to over do it too much with the weights, my goal is not to get too bulky, but to stay in good, tight shape. The abs are important and I spend a good bit of time on those each day. All in all, I probably spend 2 hrs. to 2 1/2 hrs. each day, M-F. To my benefit, my real job is flexible and run out of my home, so I don't have the conflict that with workouts.

The next thing, and most difficult, is diet. When I started this job, a few years after college, I still had not learned or even cared about a proper diet. Not only is it important for future health, it is essential for a trim look and healthy image. I didn't really go by any particular diet, sadly. My personality is to just randomly make up my own plan, and stick by it. I'm a fairly particular eater, so I had to do it this way. I cut out all the sodas(real or diet) and just started drinking water, and I eat 4 small meals a day, with grilled meats and vegetables, fruit, and no bread. Probably around 2000 calories. I burn a lot working out, so that is about right.

This blog is not meant to be a lesson in diet plan and workout regimen, but I mainly had it on my mind because I related this job to a professional athlete, in a conversation tonight with a potential client. I said, a pro athlete works all week, or even all year, for that next game, or that big game, in order to win the contest and eventually the championship. We, as companions, work hard all week and year, in order to make your evening or weekend, the greatest time you've had in memory. Well worth your money. An experience to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment